Monday, September 27, 2010

The Chicken and the Egg.

Ahh, the power of positive thinking.

Was I positive because my kid responded so well to treatment? Or did my kid respond so well because I was positive?

(Or was it the discovery that our Super Wal-Mart carries an awesome selection of $2.96 bottles o' wine which may or may not have boosted positivity on chemo days?)

It doesn't matter. I'm pretty sure it was the chemo.

I know life can suck. It can suck like an Electrolux. It's not fair. Get it out of your system for a minute a day. It sucks! It's not fair! Why my kid?

Well, this crap just happens sometimes. You didn't do anything to make this happen. God is not punishing you. It's just bad luck. (And you're right, it isn't fair.) Look for the positive...if you can. Granted, it will be a very *twisted* positive, but you gotta hold onto something, right?

Now you can see things through a whole new perspective. Kids dumped hot pink nail polish all over your dining room table and rug? Hey, it's not cancer! Your child announces (no, SHOUTS) in public that they are sad because you always beat them at Uno, except they leave off the "at Uno" part? Hey, it's not cancer! Husband lets kids play with scissors while you're away and they give themselves a mullet? Hey, it's not cancer!

Please pass me my cork screw and let me marinate in my own positivity.

1 comment:

  1. I think next time I will just get a case of Lucky Duck!

    ReplyDelete